Wednesday, June 10, 2009

yeah, beaumont!

I can never understand when people who will go to four different stores to save $0.25 on a single item, or wake up at 3am and fight crowds on Thanksgiving day won't take the time to research their own medical care. I get a good laugh when these are the same idiots who are usually the most gung-ho about the evils of socializing medicine....(something about which I can see both the pros and cons)...these are the people that get interviewed on the Late Show and can't identify three of the past four presidents.

But, as is usual for me, I digress. What I was meaning to say is that I am glad my dear MIL is not one of these folks. There were some moments when we were worried, but eventually she decided that those of us who loved her and badgered her were right, and that she should probably seek out different medical care than those who promised that lumps in her breast "were nothing." I don't care who you are - your medical professional should never say anything they can't identify "is nothing." That's what pathologists are for. Sue followed recommendations to try Karmanos and Beaumont, and found a doctor she really liked that made no such promises...and explained a lot more of what was going on.

In and out of Beaumont Troy today to remove what appears to be benign growths. Those folks are fast.... results should confirm soon, but Dr. said she believes all will come back fine.

No comments: