Monday, June 22, 2009

Resigned to adulthood

While I still feel internally like I'm 18 years of age, I have to remind myself that the body is not.

Friday afternoon was our company picnic. As part of the picnic, we get a keg. I, forgetting that we have reduced our staff by half, put in our normal order for 1/2 barrel. (That's about 15 gallons of beer) Of course, we had a TON left over, which was good news for me as HR. Bad news is that I took the thing home, in a misguided attempt not to waste good beer. Casey, Brett and I gave it our redneck-garage-squattin-beer-drinkin' best, but were unable to so much as dent the thing. (My best these days is probably 3 or 4 beers). Regardless, it was enough to really do me in, and I wound up creeping down into the basement to sleep upright in the cool air, fighting wreched nausea and headache. Yet another reminder I'm not as young as I feel, alas!!

I rallied reasonably well, and we headed out for breakfast with Ava. The Jones' took Ava off our hands for a few hours, and Casey and I ran a bunch of errands.

For Father's Day, we made Casey some eggs Benedict, and generally acquiesed to his wishes. We made a goodwill run, and then a run to Meijer's to get Ava a small toy in exchange for donating a bunch of other toys to Goodwill. Amusingly, she picked a kitty that looked just like ours, and like ours, named it Roadkill too! (Although her Roadkill is a girl)

The Jones' offered (again!) to take Ava for a bit, so I could finish weeding and mulching. We definately owe them some serious babysitting.

No comments: