Friday, August 11, 2006

Granpa Steve is such a Mark!

Ok I realize that all grandparents like to spoil their grandchildren, but take a look at this:




Yep, that's a full-sized bounce house. After the excitement of O'Connor Family Christmas in July, Grandpa Steve apparently decided he had to get one to keep. Ok, in all reality, Steve isn't completely mad - he's already started renting it out. Sounds like a resonably profitable business, so long as you don't mind driving around on the weekends!

Ava continues to grow way too fast, and is very verbal - every day those sentances become more clear. Pretty soon I'll hear "I hate you mom" and I know she'll be all grown up.

Until then, I'm loving every second of our adorable little princess's attention. Potty training isn't going all that well, alas...I'm completely open to suggestions from everyone. She knows HOW to go potty, at least "#1", but generally won't ever volunteer to go. Rubber pants and "feel and learn" diapers don't phase her. I am going to try bribery next - a sticker or something for each successful run, and something more substantial for a full day of using the facilities. I've heard this works, but we'll see...

Casey and I have been very busy - too busy it seems. My boss here at work left the company in July, and since then I've been the unofficial head (read no promotion or salary increase, but all the work) of HR. I've finally stopped waking up panicked in the middle of the night, so you could say I'm getting used to my new role. Hopefully, if I can keep things on track until the next round of evaluations I can get the title and at least some of the money that should go along. Until then, it's SSDD. (Same S**t, Different Day) Casey's been doing the boss bit himself, and working a ton of hours, most of the Saturdays this summer. Like wives throughout history, while he's working on Saturday, Ava and I go and spend what he's earning. :) Ok, mostly on groceries and diapers (hopefully not for long), but still. Ava is happiest when she's on the move, so when Casey's working, we just keep moving!

We did get to have a nice dinner & Tiger Game adventure last Saturday - Shannon and Jeff drove down from Lansing (bringing the wonderful Emily as a sitter) and we all went to Mexican Village for dinner, then the Tigers v. Indians game. Sadly, I had a bit too much Margarita, and wound up blathering on (and on) to Shannon for most of the game. Sorry Shannon! Guess she'll know better than to talk to me in the future!!

No comments: