Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Boys!


Ok, I've tried to make this posting for a couple of weeks now, but with little success...I think I keep overloading it with photos.

Ava, Casey and I were very happy to have Jen, Mark, Nick and Max over about two weekends ago (I told you I've been trying this for a while). Great time as had by all - Jen brought the food (because I pale in comparison as a cook) and I learned how to make green beans delicious (lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic...yum! Thanks Jen). That's not to say the kids ate any, of course.

All the kids seems to have a great time with the kitty condo - it's tall, dirty, fuzzy and wobbly - what's not to like.

Observing the boys playing with Ava's Mardi Gras style beads also was pretty funny. Although you know it's not wrong, it provides an excellent guage of your own personal inner homophobia, or at least your own dogged adherence to what girls and boys "ought" to do and like, as far as society is concerned. Nevermind that all 2-3 year olds are thinking is "Oooo! shiny!" They should make guns covered in sequins, just to confuse the heck out of everyone.

No comments: