Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I got an email today, thought I'd share - there's a useful (although depressing) website for parents :

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

It's the national sex offenders registry - including the ability to map out offenders near your address, and even pull up pictures of the offenders, including what their offenses. Maybe I'd have been happier not knowing that there were child molesters within a few miles of us, but I guess I'd rather have the tools to be aware of the threat.

On a MUCH happier note, we are prepping for Ava's second birthday - who can believe it? We're thinking cake and presents, but so far no ideas other than that. I did warn you of my lack of creativity...see previous post. I can't belive it's been that long, and I really look forward to watching her hone her skills....she's already a master at fit throwing, but I'm sure there are techniques and nuances she has yet to pick up. Plus, sheer lung power continues to grow.... We can't wait.

No comments: